Poster for Nelson Mandela
The Mandela Poster Project (MPP) initiative was founded in order to celebrate Nelson Mandela’s contribution to humanity by creating a poster or series of posters.
The project aimed to collect exceptional posters from around the world and collate them into an online publication and travelling exhibition.
My poster was one of the 95 selected posters.
MPPC has shown the 95 posters in roving exhibitions around the world since then. They sold the master set for R1 million ($100 000 at the time) and donated the money to the Nelson Mandela Children’s Hospital – a lifelong dream of South Africa’s revered former president.
At Novum Magazine
January 2014 edition of Novum Magazine
My poster was selected by the “Mandela Poster Project” to form part of the Mandela Poster Project 95 exhibition collection. The poster was exhibited at the University of Pretoria and in other venues such as:
– HP, Johannesburg, 29 July – 10 August (by invitation only viewing of the printed display)
– Turbine Art Fair, 26 – 28 July, Johannesburg (open to the public of digital display)
– TEDxJohannesburg, Johannesburg, 15 August (registered delegates only viewing of a digital display)
– TEDxSoweto, Johannesburg, 2 November (registered delegates only viewing of a digital display)
– Open Design Cape Town, Cape Town City Hall (open to the public of printed display)
– Peacemakers Museum, Johannesburg, September/October [exact dates to be determined] (open to the public of printed display)
– SA Innovation Summit (SABS), 27-28 August (registered delegates only viewing of a digital display)